Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hot milk indeed.....and MOBY!

It's my fault, I know, for frequenting Starbucks. Got a gift card and have been having a latte daily until the $$ runs out. Which will be soon because as we know SB is WAY overpriced. Today's coffee delivered something rather disturbing along with the price:

1. "The Way I see It" 294

2. On the battlefield of ideas, winning requires moving toward the sound of the guns.
– Newt Gingrich (Former Speaker of the House of Representatives)

3. Relating to point 1 - Starbuck's puts a big fat disclaimer that the opinions expressed are those of the author and not SB.

WHAT? First I laughed at the "ideas" and "guns" and "battlefield"..it was all a bit surreal. Then, I read the disclaimer and thought if SB is so innovative, what are they afraid of? And finally, just got tired of everything trying to be edgy AND safe.

*sigh*

On the flip side, fun event at the SAT this week

No comments:

Post a Comment