Thursday, July 14, 2011

All I know is what I don't

Never really knowing what tomorrow brings - here's some stuff that recently made up part of the picture:

creatively speaking
Kid Koala is at it again with this latest project The Space Cadet Headphone Tour


inspired by
This creative take inspired by "movember" to raise awareness for cervical cancer

pages
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese - another ambitious attempt of a physician writing fiction. A decent read, but the detail is often in the wrong place as this review points out.

The Best Laid Plans finally got around to reading this - often overwritten and old school in its "canadianess" - but I can see why it has general (easy) appeal. Not sure one novel makes a novelist...

scene
Beginners excellent writing and acting, one of my faves this year.

Tree of Life lots of hype about this film - I can't say I loved it, but appreciate its ambitious scope.

Live and Become amazing story, powerful film - highly recommended.

yum!
Trying Fushi hope the reviews are right!

Travel
Chicago up next - looking forward to a week of urban discovery

No comments:

Post a Comment