Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Walking the walk...

Walking home from salsa class last night, stopped to pick up tickets for Lykke Li and noticed a gallery space called Vox: Contemporary image. It's good see urban space being renewed/re-used, and while I reading Architecture of Happiness, the actual structure of these spaces will also become more of a focus.

Despite the cold snap, am heading out this week for the Wildside festival and Joseph Arthur, I have high expectations for both. Some news on Arthur's latest here [french].

Recent conversation and a post on Seth's Blog caught my attention, about boundaries. Although I think there's more space between "rigid" and "no boundaries", I tend to fall (stand?)on having some, at times, "open space" both inspires and conspires in freaking me out.

for thought:

Rigid boundaries: What do you do when you hit a wall?

Do you have a tantrum? [ask my mother or my fiscus]
Spend countless resources trying to scale the unscalable? [NO]
Or do you accept reality and put your energy into something else? [YES, sometimes to easily]

No boundaries: When there's nothing but open space:
do you run?
Or shrink?

hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment